High protein and full of good fats and antioxidant rich cavolo nero - bookmark for your Sunday brunch or a midweek easy dinner. Recipe revised by CILK Beauty, originally published by Donna Hay.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 300g cavolo nero, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup dill sprigs, chopped
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind, plus etra to serve
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 200g feta, crumbled
- ½ cup (100g) ricotta
- Chilli flakes, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat the oil in a 30cm round heavy-based ovenproof dish over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 4−6 minutes or until soft.
- Add the cavolo nero and cook for a further 1 minute or until just wilted.
- Place the egg, cream 2 tablespoons of the dill and the lemon zest in a large bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cavolo nero and top with the feta and ricotta.
- Transfer the dish to the oven and cook for 20−25 minutes or until just golden and just set.
- Top with the remaining dill and extra lemon rind to serve.