Full of good fats, protein and superfood ingredients for when the 3pm sugar cravings hit, we're trying out this recipe from Rawmazing.
- 3/4 cup raw almond butter (I make my own from this recipe: Almond Butter)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup raw coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 2 cups of dried, unsweetened, raw coconut
- 2/3 cup coconut butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons raw agave nectar (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1-2 teaspoons organic almond flavouring (not raw)
- 1/3 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
Ganache (recipe here)
- Whisk all ingredients together and pour into oiled, parchment lined 8 x 8-inch glass pan. Set in refrigerator aside making topping. The bottom layer should be set up (but not completely hard) before adding the next layer.
- Place coconut in medium bowl.
- Whisk coconut butter (not the same as coconut oil), agave and almond flavour. Pour over coconut and mix well.
- Pat over first layer, top with chopped almonds and ganache. (see below)
- Refrigerate to set.