MINTED SPINACH DIP WITH YOGHURT
As from Donna Hay.
- 500G baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup (80G) natural almonds, toasted
- 3 cups mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- 1 cup (280G) natural greek style (thick) yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Micro (baby) basil leave (optional) + extra to serve
- Store bought crackers, to serve
- Blanch the spinach, in batches, in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 30 seconds – 1 minute or until wilted. Refresh in iced water and drain well.
- Place the almonds in a food processor and process until fine. Add the spinach, mint, lemon rind and juice, salt and pepper and process until smooth. Add the yoghurt and oil and process to combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Spoon the dip onto a serving plate and top with extra yoghurt and basil leaves. Serve with crackers. Makes 3 cups