- 80 gm flaked almonds
- 1 (1.3kg) cauliflower, trimmed and broken into florets 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 90 gm puffed quinoa (see note)
- 2 cups (loosely packed) coriander
- 1 cup (loosely packed) mint
- 1 cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) dill
- 1 tsp toasted nigella seeds
- Lime halves, to serve (optional)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 4 cloves
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 180 gm Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Finely grated rind of ½ lime and juice of 1, or to taste
Preheat oven to 150C. Spread almonds on an oven tray and roast until golden (5-6 minutes). Set almonds aside and increase oven to 250C.
For spice mixture, dry-roast whole spices in a small frying pan over high heat until fragrant (30-40 seconds). Cool, then grind in a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle. Add turmeric and pulse in grinder or stir to combine.
Place cauliflower in a bowl. Add oil and spice mixture, season to taste and toss to combine (turmeric stains so wear gloves if using your hands). Scatter in an oven dish and roast until cauliflower is golden and tender, and starting to char at the edges (15-20 minutes). Cool.
Meanwhile, dry-roast puffed quinoa in a frying pan over medium heat until crisp (3-5 minutes).
For yoghurt dressing, combine ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
Spoon yoghurt dressing onto plates, top with cauliflower, scatter with almonds, puffed quinoa, herbs and nigella seeds, season with lime to taste and serve.